The weather in Chicago has been so depressing. If you live here, you know what I mean — temps hovering in the high 40s and cold, dreary rain all. day. long.
It’s even harder to bear considering last weekend brought highs in the 70s and gorgeous sunshine. These yo-yo temps are toying with my emotions!
Hopefully, soon, summer will be here to stay. Until then, warm comfort foods are still on my mind.
And soo…Dip, dip, hooray! (I couldn’t resist.)
I love dips. Like a lot. Give me a carb + something to dip it in (and a glass of wine), and I’m the happiest of campers.
So what better way to cheer up a drab weekend than just that?
This one by Damn Delicious has been on my to-cook list for a while. But since summer (read: swimsuit season) is right around the corner, I adapted it a bit for an extra nutrition boost and less fat.
Super easy, yummy and fairly guilt-free.
Take that, Mother Nature.
Lightened-up Cajun Broccoli & Kale Dip
- 1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 5oz. low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used a cheddar mix with sharp + white)
- 1/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup skim or reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/8 cup breadcrumbs (I used Glutino)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a square or circle baking dish with non-stick spray.
Combine broccoli, kale, milk, Parmesan, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of cheddar, and all seasonings in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
Heat olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and saute for 3-5 minutes.
Spread dip evenly into baking dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with your favorite baguette. (I used Against the Grain’s Rosemary Baguette since I’m GF).